TPO Commercial Roofing
TPO commercial roofing is energy-efficient, economical, and environmentally friendly. With qualities like that, it’s no surprise that TPO roofing is a popular pick among commercial business owners. Is it the right choice for your commercial property? We’ve listed the benefits of TPO roofing systems here so you can make an informed decision.
What is TPO Roofing?
Thermoplastic polyolefin, or TPO, is a type of rubber roofing. This single-ply system calls for the installation of one tough membrane that consists of three bonded layers. A polyester fabric center delivers flexibility. It’s sandwiched between two layers of thermoplastic polyolefin, which provides excellent durability and suppleness.
TPO roofing does require professional installation. However, TPO installation is straightforward. Your commercial roofing contractor will roll the membrane on the roof in sheets. It’s cut to fit, and the seams are hot air welded to create a solid seal. The result is a flexible but strong roof that will protect your building for decades.
The most popular and best TPO roofing membrane color is white, which is both heat reflective and attractive. However, gray, tan, black, and other colors are also available. A variety of thicknesses are also offered.
The Benefits of TPO Commercial Roofs
What makes TPO commercial roofing a smart pick? In the right situation, these roofing systems offer numerous advantages:
- Durability. Thanks to the strong yet flexible nature of the rubber roof material, a TPO roof resists tears and punctures. The fact that its seams are sealed with hot-air welding adds to its strength.
- Wind-resistance. When installed properly, TPO roofing membranes earn high wind ratings.
- UV-resistance. TPO membranes can withstand ultraviolet damage.
- Resistance to fire and grease. When fire retardant chemicals are added to the manufacturing process, the resulting TPO is classed as a fire-resistant material. TPO roofing is also capable of handling exposure to grease.
- Environmentally conscious. A TPO roofing system is eco-friendly in numerous ways. TPO membranes don’t contain harmful chemicals like chlorine. White TPO roofing membrane reflects sunlight, and can be Energy-Star rated because it ranks as a cool roof. Thus, keeping your building cooler in the spring and summer can lower your energy bill. In addition, when your TPO membrane needs to be replaced, it is 100% recyclable.
Is Your Building a Good Candidate for TPO Roofing?
Typically, TPO roofing systems are used on buildings with flat or low-sloped roofs. These buildings are usually warehouses or industrial facilities. Is grease a problem? TPO gets the nod in situations where roofing systems are likely to be exposed to contaminants that other roofing assemblies cannot withstand. If you’re looking for a new commercial roof and unsure whether your building is a good fit for TPO roofing, give us a call. After 40 years of business, we’ve helped many businesses decide on types of roofing for their building.
If you’re considering a TPO roofing system, reach out to us. Whether you need a commercial roof replacement or a roof repair, our team of experienced roofing professionals is ready to ensure that your experience is smooth and successful. If you’re building new construction and unsure what kind of roof, reach out to us to discuss your project.
If you’re considering a commercial roof replacement, let our team of professional TPO Roofing contractors will ensure that your roof installation goes as smoothly as possible. Your satisfaction with your new TPO roofing installation is our number one goal.
Our certified commercial roofing services are available throughout western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Western New York. CBF Contracting, Inc. is a fully insured, bonded and certified TPO roofing installation contractor. Contact us today to find out more if TPO roofing is right for your commercial building.
Ready to experience the difference of CBF Contracting? Tell us about your project.
Hiring a General Contractor
The success of your construction project depends
on hiring the best PA general contractor for the job. Since every
project is unique, it’s important to have qualifiers when interviewing
General Contractors and the skills they can provide. Insisting on a
high standard of quality is a good place to start.