EPDM roofing is one of the most popular and affordable commercial roofing materials. When businesses need a new commercial roof, there are many options available to you. We’ve outlined the benefits of EPDM commercial roofing so you can see for yourself if it’s the correct roofing material for your next construction project.
What is EPDM Roofing?
EPDM rubber roofing is a synthetic roofing product made with ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber. EPDM roofs are popular throughout the commercial construction sector for their many positive attributes, including cost, ease of installation and EDPM lifespan is unmatched among roofing materials.
The Benefits of EPDM Commercial Roofs
- EPDM roofs are affordable. The EPDM roof material is also known as rubber roofing. It is inexpensive and readily available, and repairs are usually reasonable. EPDM roof sheets are manufactured in a number of convenient sizes for commercial applications. They can easily be cut to fit roof areas that don’t match up with a common sheeting size.
- EPDM roofs are among the simplest to install. An EPDM roof installation does require a certified EPDM roofing installation company. With special training and equipment, the ease of EPDM installation translates into fewer complications and lower costs. There are three types of EPDM installations available. Our EPDM roofing contractors will help you decide which installation is right for your construction project.
- Extreme weather doesn’t typically damage an EPDM roof. When an EPDM roof is properly installed, EPDM membranes are resistant to wind uplift, hail and extreme temperatures. EPDM roofing material can expand and contract with the temperature to resist damage. Then they’ll return to their original form when temperatures return to normal.
- EPDM roofs are also resistant to UV damage and other forms of aging.
- EPDM lifespan. EPDM roofs are among the longest-lasting roofs available for commercial applications. A typical EPDM roof installation will last between 25 to 30 years, and relatively inexpensive repairs can extend the lifespan even further. EPDM roofs have been around for more than 40 years, so this isn’t marketing hype.
- EPDM roofs are a good choice for environmentally conscious businesses. EPDM roof materials can be manufactured sustainably, and both low-VOC and no-VOC options are available. The long lifespan of EPDM roof material keeps these products out of landfills, and worn-out roofs can be recycled.
Buyer Beware – EPDM Roofing Installation
Make sure your EPDM roofing contractor is a certified installer for the rubber roofing material. CBF Contracting, Inc. is a certified EPDM roofer for the state of Pennsylvania. Although other roofing installers may offer EPDM roofing materials, it’s imperative to make sure that your commercial roofing contractor is certified. If not, you could void your warranty.
Buildings that are Good Candidates for EPDM Roofs
EPDM roofs are best installed on buildings with low-slope roofs. Ideally, your commercial building should also be clear of trees that may impact the roof. Rubber roofing is susceptible to puncture damage. Flat-roof buildings should avoid EPDM roofs; pooling water can strain the material and lead to premature failure. Finally, if your building receives abundant sunlight, you may wish to spend extra on white-tinted EPDM material. Traditional black EPDM membranes absorb and retain heat, decreasing comfort within the building and driving up cooling costs.
If you’re considering a commercial roof replacement, let our team of professional EPDM Roofing contractors will ensure that your roof installation goes as smoothly as possible. Your satisfaction with your new EPDM roofing installation is our number one goal.
Our certified commercial roofing services are available throughout western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Western New York. CBF Contracting, Inc. is a fully insured, bonded and certified EPDM roofing installation contractor. Contact us today to find out more if EPDM roofing is right for your commercial building.
Ready to experience the difference of CBF Contracting? Tell us about your project.
Hiring a General Contractor
The success of your construction project depends
on hiring the best PA general contractor for the job. Since every
project is unique, it’s important to have qualifiers when interviewing
General Contractors and the skills they can provide. Insisting on a
high standard of quality is a good place to start.